Investing in Children Coalition
Investing in Children Coalition (ICC) is the South Central Washington regional early learning coalition, one of 10 early learning regional coalitions (ELCRs) in the state of Washington. The South Central Washington region serves Yakima and Kittitas counties.
We are a strong and influential collective body of highly committed and engaged community partners, recognized at the local and state levels as a systems-driver. State and local funders increasingly recognize the significance of regional coalitions within the local-to-state system.
- Impact the children and families we serve
- Use a strengths-based approach to engage and empower families
- Build a seamless system of supports and services that stresses the importance of early learning
- Advocate for children’s success
- Increase understanding, strengthen, and provide proof of collective impact
- Stabilize and extend the reach of local and regional resources
- Collaborate to increase supports, resources, and efficiencies in services for children and families
- Strengthen community relationships
- Recruit local advocates who take action to generate support for early learning at local and state levels
Our Mission and History:
In 2010, partners from the original Investing in Children Committee recognized the need for a regional entity that would support and cultivate early learning opportunities for young children and their families throughout South Central Washington. Over the course of the year, they reached out to other partners and transformed the committee into a regional entity and formalized coalition. Investing in Children Coalition was formalized in June 2011.
Support for Investing in Children Coalition is provided by Thrive Washington and the Yakima Valley Community Foundation.
For more information about ICC, please contact: